[GE users] installing sge 6.2u1 for windows

emmanuel_messegue emmanuel.messegue at thomsonreuters.com
Wed Mar 25 13:17:28 GMT 2009

Hello,

I have successfully installed sge on a solaris system with a master host, several execution hosts and several submit hosts.
Everything is up and running.
All is well in the solaris world.

Now, I am trying to install sge for windows.
I am pretty new to sge and I have a couple of quesions.

I have understood from what I read on this discussion list that I need to install SFU on the windows host where I want to use sge.

I don't understand very clearly why SFU is necessary and where and by whom it is used ?

Execution side:

Do I need to be a local administrator to install SFU and/or to configure sge with install_execd ?

Can I use mks toolkit instead of SFU ?
I have already a mks environment installed and properly configured in my company.

Submit side:
Is drmmaa available in windows ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,