[GE users] copy sge install to another server in another location

petrik lubomir.petrik at sun.com
Thu Mar 26 10:27:10 GMT 2009

If you don't mind running 6.2u2_1 in the new location with the original
setup look at http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u2/Upgrading

The util/upgrade_modules/save_sge_config.sh script available either in
SGE 6.2u2 common package or here
<http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/gridengine/source/dist/util/upgrade_modules/save_sge_config.sh?rev=HEAD>
can save the current 6.1 (or any other version's) configuration. Then
follow the upgrade procedure above.

You may even try to use the new GUI installer to install the cluster in
new location and then "upgrade it" which would just load the saved 6.1
configuration.

Lubos.

PS: We'd appreciate your feedback on the GUI installer
<http://blogs.sun.com/lubos/entry/using_the_new_installer_in> :-)