[GE users] SGE 6.2u2 Install Fails "Admin User Missing" on all hosts

mhanby mhanby at uab.edu
Thu Mar 26 15:13:07 GMT 2009

Howdy,

We are testing out an install of SGE 6.2u2 using the RPMs for RHEL5
64bit.

We choose custom install, set the Admin user to sge (which exists on the
qmaster and exec hosts). When we click install, all nodes (including the
qmaster) report that the admin user is missing.

We've even tried using root as a test, that account is also reported as
missing.

If I tell it to proceed (using Admin user sge), all of the nodes are
reported as installing successfully.

The log for the exec hosts is as follows, only error being that TERM is
not set in the environment:

OUTPUT:
Your $SGE_ROOT directory: /share/sge
Using cell: >default<
Creating local configuration for host >compute-0-0.local<
sge at compute-0-0.local added "compute-0-0.local" to configuration list
Local configuration for host >compute-0-0.local< created.
Adding submit host >compute-0-0<
compute-0-0.local added to submit host list
cp /share/sge/default/common/sgeexecd /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.p6444
/usr/lib/lsb/install_initd /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.p6444
   starting sge_execd
root at compute-0-0.local modified "@allhosts" in host group list
root at compute-0-0.local modified "all.q" in cluster queue list
Execd on host compute-0-0.local is running!

ERROR:
TERM environment variable not set.

Mike