[GE users] SGE 6.2u2 Install Fails "Admin User Missing" on all hosts

petrik lubomir.petrik at sun.com
Thu Mar 26 16:46:01 GMT 2009

Could you sent me the output of following (I don't need the IP)
export ARCH=`$SGE_ROOT/util/arch`; echo $ARCH
$SGE_ROOT/utilbin/$ARCH/gethostbyname -all rocks5-test.eng.uab.edu

I assume you started the installation as root and not as sge, right?
Still don't understand why it reported missing admin users. If the
adminrun as sge succeeded, it would not report it.

Could you maybe add change the RunAsAdmin() at line 56 in
$SGE_ROOT/util/gui-installer/templates/check_host to
RunAsAdmin()
{
   echo "${cfg.sge.root}"/utilbin/"${host.arch}"/adminrun $ADMINUSER $@
 > /tmp/check_test
   "${cfg.sge.root}"/utilbin/"${host.arch}"/adminrun $ADMINUSER $@
   EXIT_CODE=$?
   echo "exit_code=$EXIT_CODE" >> /tmp/check_test
}

and try the installer again? No need to finish the installation. Just
select execd only and add compute-0-0 node and click install. It should
tell you again that the admin user is missing. Has the /tmp/check_test
on compute-0-0 expected command and did it succeed?

Thanks,
   Lubos.

mhanby wrote:
> Yes, the "ignore domain names" was selected (the default).
>
> $ qconf -sconfl
> compute-0-0.local
> compute-0-1.local
> compute-0-2.local
> compute-0-3.local
> rocks5-test.eng.uab.edu
>
> In the GUI the qmaster was listed as rocks5-test.eng.uab.edu and looking
> through the install summary that I saved, the qmaster name is always the
> fully qualified host name.

That is correct SGE works with it but then ignores the domain when
comparing hosts.