[GE users] Dynamically change number of available slots

madpower prandtstetter at ads.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Mar 27 14:15:34 GMT 2009

Hello!

I just wanted to ask, if it is possible to dynamically change the number
of available slots on a execution host.

The idea is the following: In our company, we installed SGE 6.2 on each
workstation. As soon as someone logs out, the number of available slots
to be used by SGE should be set to a maximum of 4. On the next morning,
when the worker logs in again, the number of maximum slosts should be
reduced to 2 (or less).
In fact, I know that the sysadmin (manager) can do this using qmon. But
we would like to enable each user to specify the number of available
slots himself.

So, is there any way, to achieve this?

Thanks,
Matthias