[GE users] blocking serial (single cpu) jobs on a parallel queue

ozgur yazaydin at northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 30 06:29:03 BST 2009

Hello,
I want to block serial jobs running on a parallel queue. I googled
about this and I've found out a suggestion that setting qtype to
(P)arallel would work. So set it to P and I verified it by typing
qstat -f. Now qtype is P, which used to be BIP. Despite this, in the
job script if I set to the number of processors requested to one

#$ -pe mpi 1

the job still starts running on the parallel queue. Any guidance is
greatly appreciated.

The version of my SGE is 6.0u8

Thanks

--
Ozgur Yazaydin
Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering