[GE users] blocking serial (single cpu) jobs on a parallel queue

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Mon Mar 30 13:19:21 BST 2009

SGE defines a parallel job as a job submitted using a parallel
environment.  Submitting with "-pe mpi 1" makes it a parallel job.  If,
for example, the mpi PE has job_is_first_task set to false, it will
still allocate a slot for a slave task, and the usual parallel job
startup process will be followed.

It sounds like the JSV feature in 6.2u2 might be what you want.  Using a
JSV, you could either reject jobs submitted with a PE that don't request
enough slots or modify them.

Daniel