[GE users] subordinate queue and preemption

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Mon Mar 30 13:33:39 BST 2009

That's the way SGE works.  SGE is not truly preemptive, meaning that the
scheduler does not take preemption into account when making scheduling
decisions.  Preemption in SGE is something that happens as a side-effect
of a scheduling decision.  In your case, you should either remove the
host-level slots complex or set it to 16, knowing that only 8 slots will
ever actually be available, thanks to the subordination.

Daniel