[GE users] Dynamically change number of available slots

madpower prandtstetter at ads.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Mar 30 16:15:54 BST 2009

Hi,

thank you, for your fast reply.
Anyhow, a further question arised in our company.

templedf wrote:
> this case, the user could suspend/disable
> one of the queues, removing two slots from the cluster, but only on the
> one machine.
Doing as indicated by you a fixed amount of CPUs is added or removed
to/from the list. Anyhow, it might apply in our company, that on some
days one would like to disable only one slot while on other days two or
even more slots should be disabled.

Is there any method to achieve this efficiently - our only thought is
now, to create four queues, each one having one slot assigned for each
machine and then the user can disable/enable with each queue one single
slot. Anyhow, this gets a little bit confusing for the user...

best regards,
Matthias