[GE dev] IPv6 commlib

igardais igardais at yahoo.fr
Mon Mar 30 16:58:58 BST 2009

Well, in cl_tcp_framework.c,  cl_com_tcp_private_t could get the following modifications :
- addition of an 'int sock6fd' to handle the IPv6-only socket
- change client_addr to either a 'sockaddr_storage' or an 'addrinfo'

If using addrinfo induces getaddrinfo() calls.
Logic should be added into cl_com_tcp_open_connection() for socket() calls.

Also in cl_communication.c :
- cl_com_gethostbyaddr() uses in_addr. Should be changed to use addrinfo.
- cl_com_is_ip_address_string() is IPv4 centric (so does cl_com_get_ip_string())

Globally speaking, IPv6 can be handle by switchs inside the functions to tell whether sockaddr_storage should be cast to sockaddr_in or sockadd_in6.
For functions taking an in_addr as a parameter should be either duplicate to user in6_addr or modified to use addrinfo.

I hope I'm clear enough to be understood :)

Ionel