[GE users] default mail behavior

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Mon Mar 30 19:33:42 BST 2009

I made the changes to /etc/postfix/main.cf as recommended below. Mail
sent from the command-line is working just fine, and I see messages that
it was sent correctly in my mail log on the head node. As expected, mail
to "prentice at host.domain.tld" gets rewritten to "prentice at domain.tld"

However, when I submit a job with 'qsub -m bea', I'm still not getting
mail from SGE, and I don't see any entries in the head node's mail log.
It appears the SGE is bypassing the MTA (postfix) on the head node.

Looking at my main mailserver, I see that it's getting bounced for "too
many hops". Which is what was happening before.

Any other ideas?

--
Prentice