[GE users] Running not more than n Jobs concurrently

yacc143 andreas at kostyrka.org
Tue Mar 31 09:59:43 BST 2009

Hi!

I wondered if there is a way to implement a policy where the GE will
not run more than n jobs with say a given Jobname concurrently?

Our setup currently is that I submit a big number of jobs by qsub
calls, all sharing one jobname, for a given mathematical model.

(For bonus points, is there a way to bind jobs to a given CPU? The jobs
in question have a tendency to slowdown significantly when two jobs run
concurrently on the same CPU socket.)

TIA,

Andreas