[GE users] installing sge 6.2u1 for windows

emmanuel_messegue emmanuel.messegue at thomsonreuters.com
Tue Mar 31 11:11:46 BST 2009

Hi,

I have progressed a little bit but it still doesn't work.
I have sgepasswd my unix user 'emmmesse' without any domain on the master host and copied back the sgepasswd file onto the windows execution host.
Now I got the following error message when I launch a 'qsub' command : "can't chdir to /net/pchomesrv01/Home$/emmmesse"

Is it possible that it is a problem with the Name Mapping ?

My unix login is 'emmmesse'.
But my windows login is 'domain1\emmanuel.messegue'

I can login to 'domain1\emmanuel.messegue' by using the 'login' command from a shell on my windows workstation by using SUA without any prboblem.
But the default domain found by 'login' is not domain1 but another one, say domain2.
When I try to login to 'domain2\emmmesse' via SUA on my windows workstation, it is working but I got an error message complaining about my HOME directory: "No home directory /net/pchomesrv01/Home$/emmmesse!"
I think it explains the error message I got when I use 'qsub'

I would like either :

- set my home directory for SUA for user 'domain2\emmmesse' to my unix home directory

or

- configure SUA such as when I launch a 'qsub' command with my unix user 'emmmesse', my windows user 'domain1\emmanuel.messegue' is used instead in SUA.

Is it possible to do that please ?
And do I need a user with domain privilege on the windows workstation to do that please?

Thanks for your help.

Emmanuel.