[GE users] Batch job running in an interactive queue

jewellc chris.jewell at warwick.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 12:15:11 BST 2009

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to administering GE (6.2u1) having used it as a user for
a few years.  I have two queues configured, batch.q and interactive.q,
which have their respective queue types (and only their respective queue
types) enabled.  The reason for having these separate is that in the
future I might want to limit host availability for each queue.  In
addition, the batch.q queue has an SMP parallel environment enabled that
uses Linux cpusets to box users into the number of CPUs (ie 1 slot = 1
CPU) they request.

To my surprise, having submitted a parallel job using qsub (qsub -pe smp
8 myJob.sh), I found that it ended up in the interactive queue.  Surely
as a batch job, this should not be possible?

Any help on this?

Thanks,

Chris

--