[GE users] Suspending Jobs

rahvee edward.harvey at patni.com
Tue Mar 31 14:31:32 BST 2009

Hi all.

I would like the ability to suspend jobs which are running, to make way for higher priority jobs.  Let me first just ask ? Does anybody have a recommendation?

I know if I run my job manually, I can hit Ctrl-Z to suspend the job.  But can SGE do that for a running job, and if so, will it release the slots and complexes taken by that job?

At present, I?m using qresub and qdel to postpone a running job.  But it would be nice to do better.

Thank you?

This e-mail message may contain proprietary, confidential or legally privileged information for the sole use of the person or entity to whom this message was originally addressed. Any review, e-transmission dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error kindly delete this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without proper authority, please notify us immediately at netadmin at patni.com and delete this mail.