[GE users] 6.2u2_1 Job Hold and Release Problem

dangruhn Dan.Gruhn at groupw.com
Tue Mar 31 15:15:58 BST 2009

Greetings,

I have just updated to 6.2u2_1 and something that was working has now
stopped.

I have a script that submits a potentially large number of jobs.
Because of this, the script first submits the jobs with a hold and then
releases the hold after everything is submitted.  My submit looks like this:

# qsub -h -q quadhosts64-f9.q -V -t 9-9 -N
multirun-BaselineTest_WONA_Plans_WonaTest-dgruhn-30681-ModelRun-9 <job
script and parameters>
Your job-array 447634.9-9:1
("multirun-BaselineTest_WONA_Plans_WonaTest-dgruhn-30681-ModelRun-9")
has been submitted

Later in the script, the hold for all the jobs is released:

# qalter -h U "multirun-BaselineTest_WONA_Plans_WonaTest-dgruhn-30681-*"
critical error: error: lAddElemStr(JB_job_name): run time type error
memory allocation failed qalter_parse_job_parameter

Has something changed about qalter?  I've looked at the manual pages and
I don't see it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dan