[GE users] 6.2u2_1 Job Hold and Release Problem

dangruhn Dan.Gruhn at groupw.com
Tue Mar 31 15:50:07 BST 2009

For additional information, I am on the lx24-amd64 architecture.

Also, a simpler reproduce is:

 > qsub -h -q quadhosts64-f9.q -N foo-bar-baz-1
/direct/sgeadmin/latest/examples/jobs/sleeper.sh
Your job 447789 ("foo-bar-baz-1") has been submitted

 > qalter -h U foo-bar-baz-1
critical error: error: lAddElemStr(JB_job_name): run time type error
memory allocation failed qalter_parse_job_parameter

but the following does work:

 > qalter -h U 447789
modified hold of job 447789

dangruhn wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I have just updated to 6.2u2_1 and something that was working has now
> stopped.
>
> I have a script that submits a potentially large number of jobs.
> Because of this, the script first submits the jobs with a hold and then
> releases the hold after everything is submitted.  My submit looks like this:
>
> # qsub -h -q quadhosts64-f9.q -V -t 9-9 -N
> multirun-BaselineTest_WONA_Plans_WonaTest-dgruhn-30681-ModelRun-9 <job
> script and parameters>
> Your job-array 447634.9-9:1
> ("multirun-BaselineTest_WONA_Plans_WonaTest-dgruhn-30681-ModelRun-9")
> has been submitted
>
> Later in the script, the hold for all the jobs is released:
>
> # qalter -h U "multirun-BaselineTest_WONA_Plans_WonaTest-dgruhn-30681-*"
> critical error: error: lAddElemStr(JB_job_name): run time type error
> memory allocation failed qalter_parse_job_parameter
>
> Has something changed about qalter?  I've looked at the manual pages and
> I don't see it.
>
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Dan

Dan Gruhn