[GE users] Problem Using Advanced reservation

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Fri May 1 19:02:02 BST 2009

Are you sure that the reservation is active?  With a 10-minute default
duration, it's highly likely that the jobs that were running on the
resources where the reservation was made will overrun their expected
duration and push the reservation back.  If you're using advance
reservation, you either want the default duration to be INFINITY or you
want to enforce a hard or soft runtime.

On a different note, if all of your jobs have the same expected
duration, the scheduler won't be able to do any backfilling.  You really
want to encourage your users to set runtime limits if you're using
reservations (resource or advance).

Daniel