[GE dev] Problem with Drmaa implementation

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Mon May 4 14:05:10 BST 2009

The problem has nothing to do with DRMAA.  It's happening when the job
is started by the execution daemon.  This might help:

http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/how_jobs_get_executed

It's rather old now, but I'm pretty sure it's still accurate.

That error message is coming from line 743 of
daemons/shepherd/builtin_starter.c.  It's saying that the input path you
set was "root|null", and not surprisingly, it can't open that file.  If
you don't want to set an input path, leave the inputPath on the
JobTemplate as "".  If you're trying to set it to something, the format
should be "[host]:path", where [host] optional and represents the remote
machine to use with file staging.  In the vast majority of cases, you're
going to just use ":path".

Daniel