[GE users] Database problems w/ GE6.2U2

00d d_dave at hotmail.com
Tue May 5 22:21:40 BST 2009

I've been having re-occuring database issues with my grid server every few weeks. Ugrading to GE6.2 U2 did not help, and I'm not familiar with the software enough to troubleshoot or fix the issue.

Here is the error I'm receiving when submitting a simple qrsh job:

[david at westwood]~: qrsh
error writing object "182" to spooling database
couldn't open berkeley database "sge": (22) Invalid argument
cannot close transaction: There is no open transaction
transaction function of rule "default rule" in context "berkeleydb spooling" failed
job 182 was rejected cause it couldn't be written
[david at westwood]~:

I have tried to recover the database by issuing a db_dump/db_load as outlined in this posting:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=75815

After following these steps, sgemaster would not start.

Is anyone else having issues with their database? And is there a fix for these problems that I'm having?