[GE users] SGE 6.2u2 Arco RedHat 4 WebConsole

jana jana.olivova at sun.com
Mon May 11 10:50:23 BST 2009

Please read this email thread:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=75318

Don't forget abou the part that is hidden further in the thread about changing the permissions  for some files:

chmod +x /var/opt/webconsole/?domains/console/conf?/wcstart

Need to do the same for the wcstop script in the same directory, I believe.

Regards,

Jana Olivova

emjga wrote:

Folks I have been trying to install Arco Reporting module with very little success.

Versions
RedHat 4u2
SGE 6.2u2
MySql 5.1.34
Sun Webconsole 3.0.2
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.5.0_03

Error message

Registering the SGE reporting module in the Sun Java Web Console
---------------------------------------------------------------- Must have administration privileges to execute this command.
Must have administration privileges to execute this command.
Must have administration privileges to execute this command.
Must have administration privileges to execute this command.
Creating the TOC file ... OK

I have tried the following fix
http://open-clusters.org/blog/1

cat /etc/opt/webconsole/console/service.properties
#Fri Apr 24 09:41:12 BST 2009
ENABLE=yes
arco_app_dir=/grc/apps/SGE/GRC/arco/reporting
arco_logging_level=INFO
arco_config_file=/grc/apps/SGE/GRC/arco/reporting/config.xml

cat /etc/opt/webconsole/console/prereg/com.sun.grid.arco_6.2u2/reporting.reg
system=false
debug=9
context=reporting
type=webapp
location=/grc/apps/SGE/GRC/arco/reporting

But every time I try and stop / start Web console I get the following

smcwebserver stop
Shutting down Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ...
Cannot determine if console stopped gracefully; forcing shut down
The console is stopped.

smcwebserver start
The console is running.

There is no sign of the Web console (ps -ef)

All so the log file /var/log/webconsole/console/console_debug_log
Java Web Console Version 3.0.2 stopping on Mon May  4 12:21:22 BST 2009
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.<clinit>(ClassLoaderFactory.java:63)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.initClassLoaders(Bootstrap.java:103)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:196)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:402)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfiguration
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: %%container_commons_log%% (Caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundExc
eption: %%container_commons_log%%) (Caused by org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: java.lan
g.ClassNotFoundException: %%container_commons_log%% (Caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: %%container
_commons_log%%))

Can any one suggest where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Matthew

Registered in England and Wales No.811900
Registered Office 33 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PW
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person or entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering
this message to the named addressee, please notify us immediately and delete
this e-mail.
It is the responsibility of the addressee to scan this email and any
attachments for computer viruses or other defects.  The sender does not
accept liability for any loss or damage of any nature, however caused,
which may result directly or indirectly from this email or any file attached.