[GE users] pre/post action script

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Mon May 11 15:40:15 BST 2009

At a queue level this can be done with a prolog and epilog script

At the level of parallel environment there is something similar called
starter and stop methods

Nothing really job or job-type specific, you have to do this at the
queue or PE level, at the queue level you can write logic into the
scripts such that they only work on the jobs you want them to work on.
Otherwise this is a valid reason for (ab)using the PE methods - just
create a new PE environment to match your need and leverage that to
run custom start/stop scripts.

The main caveat is that these scripts run under the UID of the job
submitter, not the root user.

-Chris