[GE users] User group membership disappearing on qmaster restart

victor73 vfelix at som.umaryland.edu
Mon May 11 18:16:02 BST 2009

Hi all,

We use SGE 6.2 and have been experiencing a problem with user groups disappearing each time we restart the qmaster. We've worked around this by having a cron job periodically recreate the groups with appropriate `qconf -au` commands. For some reason, when the master is started, it complains that the file for each group does not exist in $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/spool/qmaster/usersets, when the files are definitely there. Could it have something to do our $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL directory being a symbolic link to a separate NFS mounted filesystem?

Many thanks,

-Victor