[GE users] Reverting from the sgemaster on the shadow node

mlelstv mlelstv at serpens.de
Tue May 12 06:34:11 BST 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 03:49:58PM -0700, isakrejda wrote:
> HI,
>
> So if my master dies and I have shadow set up, the shadow will start a
> master
> on the backup host. Now let's say I fixed my primary host and want to
> move the
> master running where it belongs with minimal disruption. How to go about
> that?

You run the startup script with the option '-migrate' on the primary
host. This will shut down the master on the backup host and restart
the master on the primary.

As an automatic alternative you can write the name of the primary host
into $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/primary_qmaster. Then a regular startup
of the primary host will automatically migrate the service back.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv at serpens.de