[GE users] Some Hopefully Useful Scripts

Mon May 18 08:51:21 BST 2009

Hi Chris,

> At the request of some people I've worked with, I've just posted a
> couple of scripts I've written for SGE on gridengine.info.
> Here's some descriptions and links, and I'll attach the files here as
> well,

Thanks for making your scripts available. It's nice to see.

Adding my two cents...

alias qcd would be simpler with sed instead of grep/awk (I hope I got
the backslashing right).

# Csh:
alias qcd cd\ \`qstat\ -j\ \!\*\|sed -ne \'s/^cwd: *//p\'\`

for POSIX sh, you'd need a function instead of an alias:
qcd(){
   set -- $(qstat -j ${1:-0} | sed -ne 's/^cwd: *//p')
   [ "$#" -ge 1 ] && cd "$1"
}

or for the less paranoid user, without error checking
qcd(){
   cd $(qstat -j $1 | sed -ne 's/^cwd: *//p')
}

The same thing (using sed instead of grep/awk) would apply to qtail.

> -- Change Queue State --
> A very short script that enables or disables all queue instances on
> the node its run on.

I don't think you need qselect. I've never had a problem with using
wildcards directly:
Eg,
   qmod -e *@$HOSTNAME
or
   qmod -d *@$HOSTNAME

If you want to hide this complexity a bit, I'd use tiny scripts
'qenable/qdisable' that could take a list of hosts, or use $HOSTNAME in
the absence of arguments.

> Thanks,
> Chris

Cheers,