[GE users] consuming more than one slot

pvdmeer pvdmeer at gmail.com
Mon May 18 14:56:03 BST 2009

Hi!

I actually didn't use the PE. I just use an array job and used "qconf -me <hostname>" to edit the number of slots in the execution host. Works like a charm (but maybe it's really not-done, hack-ish, and whatnot ;))

With kind regards,

Pieter van der Meer

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM, murple <andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de<mailto:andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de>> wrote:
On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 14:08 +0200, olesen wrote:
> > Is it possible to have a job consume more than one slot?
> > Or do I have to create a new consumable for this?
> >
> > Background: I want users to be able to tell the GE that their job uses
> > more than 1 processor.
>
> If the job consumes more that one slot, it is considered a parallel job.
> The parallel environment can be specified with qsub -pe NAME RANGE.

So I should create a new PE for this purpose? I also want the slots to
be on the same machine. How do I manage this?

regards, Andreas