[GE users] Scheduling issue

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Wed May 20 07:11:21 BST 2009

That distribution behavior is controlled by the allocation_rule setting
of your PE. The behavior you're describing is $round_robin. The behavior
you want is $fill_up. There is no easy way to get exclusive access to a
machine before 6.2u3. See here for the pre-6.2u3 not-easy way:

http://blogs.sun.com/templedf/entry/exclusive_host_usage_in_grid

In some degenerate cases, like yours may be, it's possible to simply
always request a number of slots that's a multiple of the core count, 2
in your case. That gets the same effect as exclusive host access.

Daniel