[GE users] GE 6.2 and nfsv4 spool directories

Wed May 20 09:30:31 BST 2009

>   * the GE spool directories are on a shared nfsv4 disk
>   * the GE cell directory is owned by "sgeadmin" which is a user of
> the kerberos realm
>
> however, the GE daemons run as local root and this is apparently
> creating problems because locat roots can't access nfs4 shared volumes
> (local root has no krb5 ticket). I guess this is a common with a clear
> solution, but I'm a nfs4/kerberos newbie so I con't see it.

Our setup (with plain nfs3):

common/bootstrap:
admin_user         cfdadmin
qmaster_spool_dir  /data/app/grid/default/spool/qmaster

common/configuration:
execd_spool_dir              /var/spool/grid

The qmaster spooling is NFS-mounted (owned by cfdadmin).
The execd spooling is local (reduces NFS load and you very rarely need
to look at these anyhow).

The sge_execd and sge_qmaster also running as 'cfdadmin' (given in
bootstrap). If your local daemons are somehow running as root, check
your configuration. It's either not set properly in the bootstrap, or
your init-script is somehow not working properly.

/mark

message from your computer.