[GE users] error while installing execd

dom marco.donauer at sun.com
Wed May 20 14:44:56 BST 2009

Hi manjula,

you are installing ge 6.1u6? In GirdEngine 6.1 u6 SGE_CLUSTER_NAME is
not set.
Could it be that you are mixing up 2 different version?
The SGE_CLUSTER_NAME war introduced with ge 6.2
Please verify which version of ge you are using.

Regards,
Marco

manjula14 wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I've installed sge master using ge-6.1u6-bin-lx24-amd64.tar.gz (I'm working on fedora-8, x86_64 machine) , while installation process it did not ask for cluster name. Master got installed properly and started these 2 daemons: sge_qmaster and sge_schedd
> But while installing execution host I'm getting following error:
> AddSGEStartUpScript error: expected SGE_CLUSTER_NAME!!!
>
> AFter installing master, I've copied default folder from master to execution host.
>
> Pls help to resolve this issue.
>
> Thanks,

Sun Microsystems GmbH         Marco Donauer
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7         SUN Grid Engine Engineering
D-93049 Regensburg            Phone: +49 (0)941 3075-211  (x60211)
http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:marco.donauer at sun.com
D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028