[GE users] SGE and logwatch for spool messages

Fri May 22 07:59:56 BST 2009

> So I can get email's when there are Error's
> Or is there a better way within SGE 6_2u2
> I know SGE ask's for a Admin Email address
>
> qconf -sconf | grep administrator_mail
> administrator_mail           admint at xxxx.com
>
> But it never seems to send out any Email's

The first thing that I'd check is that email actually can be sent from _each_ node (master and all exec nodes).
For example,

$ echo hallo | mail -s test admint at xxxx.com

To get ours working, we had to make our nodes relay such addresses to the corporate smtp server. Since we have postfix, we added something like this to the bottom of /etc/postfix/transport on all the nodes:

# local delivery for our internal domain, send others to server
myDomainName.de     :
. myDomainName.de   :
*  smtp:exchangeServer.euro.corp.dir

And then