[GE users] SGE and logwatch for spool messages

emjga matthew.garrett at external.total.com
Fri May 22 09:44:26 BST 2009

Mark

Thanks , yes I had the head node sending email's but not the exec nodes , which I have now fixed
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf (DSmailhost)
Over 100 email's latter ...... all fixed.

Matthew

olesen <Mark.Olesen at emconTechnologies.com> wrote on 22/05/2009 07:59:56:

> > So I can get email's when there are Error's
> > Or is there a better way within SGE 6_2u2
> > I know SGE ask's for a Admin Email address
> >
> > qconf -sconf | grep administrator_mail
> > administrator_mail           admint at xxxx.com
> >
> > But it never seems to send out any Email's
>
> The first thing that I'd check is that email actually can be sent
> from _each_ node (master and all exec nodes).
> For example,
>
> $ echo hallo | mail -s test admint at xxxx.com
>

> To get ours working, we had to make our nodes relay such addresses
> to the corporate smtp server. Since we have postfix, we added
> something like this to the bottom of /etc/postfix/transport on all the nodes:
>
> # local delivery for our internal domain, send others to server
> myDomainName.de     :
> . myDomainName.de   :
> *  smtp:exchangeServer.euro.corp.dir
>
> And then
> $ postmap /etc/postfix/transport
> $ rcpostfix restart
>

> /mark

Registered in England and Wales No.811900
Registered Office 33 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PW
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person or entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering
this message to the named addressee, please notify us immediately and delete
this e-mail.
It is the responsibility of the addressee to scan this email and any
attachments for computer viruses or other defects.  The sender does not
accept liability for any loss or damage of any nature, however caused,
which may result directly or indirectly from this email or any file attached.