[GE users] SGE Workstation Queues

Fri May 22 11:07:58 BST 2009

> User is on workstation grc008
> Would like to type "qsub -q workstations JOB"
> Which would run the job on his workstation GRC008 as that is where he
> submitted it from.
> Rather than having to type "qsub -q workstations at grc018 JOB"

You could use wildcards:
   qsub -q *@grc018 ...
and make it easier with an env variable:
   export MYQ="*@$HOST"
   qsub -q $MYQ ...
or with an alias:
   alias qsubHere='qsub -q *@$HOST'

However, we have most of our jobs started via script wrappers and use this logic to provide an extra alias:

  -q LIST   specify queue names for 'qsub'
              * alias  '-' specifies queuing on the local host
              * prefix '=' specifies the -masterq

/mark

message from your computer.