[GE users] SGE Workstation Queues

emjga matthew.garrett at external.total.com
Fri May 22 12:32:27 BST 2009

Thanks to Mark and Chris for there very good idea's

The users have just tested there submit script with the following.
qsub -q "*@`hostname`" JOB

Which seems to work quite well.

Thanks

Matthew

olesen <Mark.Olesen at emconTechnologies.com> wrote on 22/05/2009 11:07:58:

> > User is on workstation grc008
> > Would like to type "qsub -q workstations JOB"
> > Which would run the job on his workstation GRC008 as that is where he
> > submitted it from.
> > Rather than having to type "qsub -q workstations at grc018 JOB"
>
> You could use wildcards:
>    qsub -q *@grc018 ...
> and make it easier with an env variable:
>    export MYQ="*@$HOST"
>    qsub -q $MYQ ...
> or with an alias:
>    alias qsubHere='qsub -q *@$HOST'
>

> However, we have most of our jobs started via script wrappers and
> use this logic to provide an extra alias:
>
>   -q LIST   specify queue names for 'qsub'
>               * alias  '-' specifies queuing on the local host
>               * prefix '=' specifies the -masterq
>

> /mark

Registered in England and Wales No.811900
Registered Office 33 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0PW
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the person or entity
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged
information.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction,
copying, distribution, or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient or person responsible for delivering
this message to the named addressee, please notify us immediately and delete
this e-mail.
It is the responsibility of the addressee to scan this email and any
attachments for computer viruses or other defects.  The sender does not
accept liability for any loss or damage of any nature, however caused,
which may result directly or indirectly from this email or any file attached.