[GE users] trying to add memory request to qsub

mad margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Fri May 22 16:01:55 BST 2009

I am trying to add a memory request onto my job submission.

  qsub -pe queuename 1 -l mem=128 ./cleanshll
Unable to run job: unknown resource "mem"

I found on the web that mem should be change to h_vmem.

  qsub -pe queuename 1 -l h_vmem=.150 ./cleanshll
Error for job  ... can't set additional group id (uid=0, euid=0):
Cannot allocate memory

This also errors out all the compute nodes on the queue.

In what units is h_vmem allocated?  Mbs?

We are running GridEngine 6.1u4 on a Rocks and RedHat system.