[GE users] Subjob or parent/child semantics in SGE?

soeren_g soeren.gerlach at quanteam.de
Mon May 25 12:06:57 BST 2009

> What kind of LSF/Symphony feature is it??

It`no specific feature of Symphony, you just kill the parent job and the middleware kills the child jobs; which is configurable.

> I think you can create a "job group"... while it is not a built-in
> feature in SGE, this is what you can do:

Thanks for the hint Rayson. I think this will do it as a first approach. I just noticed that "@" is forbidden in the job name but the goold old underscore will likely work as well.

Daniel: I found a parameter "-hold_jid" which kind of sets some inter-job dependency. Although this is not usable for my needs, this could be a first step towards this feature... ,-)

Thanks,
Soeren Gerlach