[GE users] qconf on Windows 2008 Server

pollinger harald.pollinger at sun.com
Mon May 25 14:08:59 BST 2009

Hi Sao,

it would be very interesting to figure out what the difference between
this problematic W2K8 64 server and the other ones is!

Could you please do this:
* Is DEP (Data Execution Prevention) enabled on this host and disabled
on all other W2K8 64 servers?
If you open a "Command Prompt" as the local Administrator and enter
bcdedit.exe
it displays a list of settings, the last one should be "nx" - if it is
"AlwaysOff", DEP is disabled.

DEP always causes strange problems with Interix applications. If it's
enabled, please disable it. In the "Command Prompt" enter
bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
and reboot the host. Does "qconf -sh" work now?

* If DEP is already disabled or disabling doesn't help, please enable
tracing of the qconf command:
In the xterm (or whatever you use) where you get the seg fault, source
the file $SGE_ROOT/util/dl.csh (or .sh, depending on your shell), then enter
# dl 5
# qconf -sh

It should print a lot of tracing informations. It would be interesting
what it prints in the last 20 or 30 lines before the seg fault.

Regards,
Harald

http://www.sun.com/gridware
mailto:harald.pollinger at sun.com