[GE users] SGE noobie

biostat adam at greenhodge.net
Mon May 25 19:08:20 BST 2009

I am trying to get SGE working on my work LAN. I installed both sge_qmaster and sge_execd on two machines. However when I try and run a job on either, the other machine seems to have no knowledge of the jobs existence. The job is only seen - and run - by the computer that submitted it. When I try "qsub -l 'hostname=host2'" on host1, the job is just listed as qw forever (on host1; host2 seems to have no knowledge of the jobs existence).

There are no errors or anything. The messages files are devoid of errors. The two computers are just acting as if the other computer does not exist. Yet they list eachother with qhost.

I'm new to SGE, so I feel there is a good chance I'm just missing a fundamental step or underlying layout. The only thing that could be unique about this situation is that each of my computers, though on a LAN, also has a unique global IP. However, if that were causing the problems, I would think there would at least be error messages.

Thanks for your time