[GE users] Frontend for ARCo

chrismwilk chris at gridwisetech.com
Tue May 26 09:29:19 BST 2009

Hi Shantanu,

> Thanks for the reply, Aja.
>
> I was just wondering if there is a way to integrate webconsole
> with kerberos for single sign on. That could save me a lot of work to
> write my own interface.
Using Kerberos with ARCo should be fine.

You could also think of integrating ARCo with Shibboleth2 (open source security
middleware that provides a means for Single Sign-On).

Shibboleth2 is well suited to provide SSO for Web-based applications. It is also
possible though not trivial to provide SSO for non-Web applications. We made it
in one of our projects (see some project details at
<http://gridwisetech.com/virolab>).

Getting back to the ARCo case, ARCo might need small changes to work well with
Shibboleth2. I am not sure whether its license permits so or not.

Best,
Chris
Chris Wilk                            chris.wilk at gridwisetech.com
Senior Consultant
GridwiseTech                         office/fax: +48 12 294 71 20

The Scalability Expert                       www.gridwisetech.com