[GE users] Frontend for ARCo

svibhore shantanu.vibhore at gmail.com
Tue May 26 10:49:00 BST 2009

Thank you Chris,  I'll give it a try.

Regards,
Shantanu

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:59 PM, chrismwilk <chris at gridwisetech.com<mailto:chris at gridwisetech.com>> wrote:
Hi Shantanu,

> Thanks for the reply, Aja.
>
> I was just wondering if there is a way to integrate webconsole
> with kerberos for single sign on. That could save me a lot of work to
> write my own interface.
Using Kerberos with ARCo should be fine.

You could also think of integrating ARCo with Shibboleth2 (open source security
middleware that provides a means for Single Sign-On).

Shibboleth2 is well suited to provide SSO for Web-based applications. It is also
possible though not trivial to provide SSO for non-Web applications. We made it
in one of our projects (see some project details at
<http://gridwisetech.com/virolab>).

Getting back to the ARCo case, ARCo might need small changes to work well with
Shibboleth2. I am not sure whether its license permits so or not.

Best,
Chris
--
Chris Wilk                            chris.wilk at gridwisetech.com<mailto:chris.wilk at gridwisetech.com>