[GE users] Frontend for ARCo

svibhore shantanu.vibhore at gmail.com
Tue May 26 11:56:00 BST 2009

Thank you Dougal this in the solution. Thanks again.

Regards,
Shantanu

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM, dougalb <dougal.lists at gmail.com<mailto:dougal.lists at gmail.com>> wrote:
Shantanu,

We have integrated the WebConsole(ARCo) login with Kerberos using pam.
Below is the steps to integrate.

AD/PAM integration: After installation it is possible to enable SUN
Java Web Console to use PAM for authentication therefore enabling
access to AD.

# cd /etc/pam.d
# cp system-auth smcconsole
cp: overwrite `smcconsole'? '''y'''
# smcwebserver stop
The console is stopped.
# smcwebserver start
Starting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ...
The console is running.
#

User Management ?

Access to the ARCo application is controlled through an xml
configuration file stored in the application directory. The following
explains the steps to add a user.

   * Connect to the server running the ARCo application as root.
   * Source the SGE environment, below is an example only.

# . /apps/3rdparty/sge6/neon/common/settings.sh

   * Edit the ARCo application config.xml file and add the AD userid.

# vim $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/arco/reporting/config.xml

... text above ...

 <applUser>
    s_sgeadm
 </applUser>

... text below ...

Add the userid below the last specified user, the same format as
shown. It is XML, so opening and closing tag for each item.

   * Stop and start the Java Web Console

# smcwebserver stop
The console is stopped.
# smcwebserver start
Starting Sun Java(TM) Web Console Version 3.0.2 ...
The console is running.
#

Kind regards,

Dougal