[GE users] SGE noobie

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Tue May 26 12:00:36 BST 2009

Looks like you have created two standalone clusters.

There should only be one sge_qmaster on the entire cluster, and an
sge_execd on any node expected to run jobs. I have no idea why qhost
shows both machines though!

In short: redo the installation making sure you kill off any old
daemons as well, ideally with a shared $SGE_ROOT directory between the
2 hosts on the LAN; pick one to be the qmaster, install execd on all
hosts.

Regards,
Chris