[GE users] Performance requesting job status using DRMAA vs. qstat?

soeren_g soeren.gerlach at quanteam.de
Tue May 26 13:43:26 BST 2009

Hello,

some of my users use a front end which somebody has programmed using Python and forwarding calls to qstat under the hood for retreiving job status. For huge job numbers in the scheduler this can be quite costly in terms of time and CPU load on the master node.
Therefore my simple question: Is it recommended to use the DRMAA instead of qstat or will be the performance impact be the same for both ways?

Thanks & regards,
Soeren Gerlach