[GE users] Missing Library with qlogin

dougalb dougal.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 26 21:32:06 BST 2009

I am not 100% sure on the qlogin process but I will give it a go...

When you SSH or login to the head node, your start an interactive
login session to the OS. This sources your .profile and will usually
also source /etc/profile.d, this will setup PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH,
MANPATH etc etc. There is probably something there that is required to
run your application.

Qlogin uses the builtin method to open the session on the node and I
do not believe it sources your profile. This is probably why it is not
working.

Hopefully somebody with more knowledge of qlogin can complete the answer.

-Dougal