[GE users] Some Hopefully Useful Scripts

butters chris at pearit.co.uk
Tue May 26 21:56:11 BST 2009

Hi Andreas,

Humm, maybe there's a strange bug somewhere that didn't show up the system I developed it on? To calc the min time, it checks the wait time of the current job (as it iterates though all jobs found) against the 'MIN_WAIT_TIME (which starts as a null value), overwriting its existing value if the current jobs wait time is lower.
The wait times are calculated by converting the submit and start times to seconds from epoch, and then subtracting one from t'other.

It's almost always come back with a min time of 0 on my system (we get a fair number of interactive jobs, so there's always a job with a zero wait time hanging around!).

As for the 3 qaccts, you?re absolutely right, it's just lazy coding on my part I'm afraid - I didn't, and still haven't, had enough time to do a more thorough job. :( And the script's accuracy wasn't important enough to us to worry about it really!

If anyone does have time to spare to fix this I'd be grateful though! :)

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Chris