[GE users] fill up vs least used host loading

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue May 26 22:01:32 BST 2009

Yes, the PE settings will override that. In short, the
job_load_adjustments are added to a host every time a job is put there.
If we start with job_load_adjustments: np_load_avg=0.5, and host1 has
np_load_avg=0.1, and host2 has np_load_avg=0.2, and there are four jobs
pending, the scheduler will pick the least loaded host for job #1,
host1. It then adds the load adjustments, so now you have host1=0.6,
host2=0.2. For job #2, host2 is the least loaded. Then you get
host1=0.6, host2=0.7. Etc. If you set the job_load_adjustments to NONE,
then in the above scenario host1 is always be the best host, no matter
how many jobs land there, at least until the next load report comes in.

Daniel