[GE users] Unable to run job: job 161 was rejected cause it can't be written: Read-only file system.

emallove ethan.mallove at sun.com
Wed May 27 21:39:01 BST 2009

Hello,

I am unable to qsub anything without getting a permissions error, e.g.,

  $ qsub  /ws/ompi-tools/orte/sge/ge-6.2beta2/examples/jobs/simple.sh
  Unable to run job: job 161 was rejected cause it can't be written: Read-only file system.
  Exiting.

I get the message logged in as "sgeadmin":

  $ qsub /ws/ompi-tools/orte/sge/ge-6.2beta2/examples/jobs/simple.sh
  Unable to run job: can't open file users/.sgeadmin: Read-only file system.
  Exiting.

I tried (without success) to use the suggestions posted here:

  http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=27929

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ethan