[GE users] SGE noobie

biostat adam at greenhodge.net
Thu May 28 14:10:56 BST 2009

Thanks! Everything is working now. There is only one remaining small problem. When I attempt to install the execution host on a specific machine on the network, the install hangs, with the error:

Adding a queue for this host
----------------------------

We can now add a queue instance for this host:

   - it is added to the >allhosts< hostgroup
   - the queue provides 2 slot(s) for jobs in all queues
     referencing the >allhosts< hostgroup

You do not need to add this host now, but before running jobs on this host
it must be added to at least one queue.

Do you want to add a default queue instance for this host (y/n) [y] >>

NULL object pointer passed to function "spool_flatfile_read_object"
NULL object pointer passed to function "spool_flatfile_read_object"

Hit <RETURN> to continue >>

Any ideas? If I finish the install, then that computer is still able to submit jobs -- it just never runs runs them. Even if the other computer in the cluster is busy, the jobs wait until it is finished.

Thanks again