[GE users] [OT] Cluster monitoring

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu May 28 14:11:41 BST 2009

murple <andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de> writes:

Keeping on-topic:

> Ganglia: Seems to be intended more for monitoring the load on the
> cluster

It can monitor all sorts of things, including the job queues.  When I
find time to check in the changes, jobmonarch should work with SGE 6.0
and 6.1, but won't yet with 6.2
<URL:https://subtrac.sara.nl/oss/jobmonarch/>.

> Nagios: Very powerful, but also complex to setup?

Not terribly, considering that you normally end up with a quite bespoke
setup anyhow.  There is a check_sge plugin, and I wrote another to run
qping, on which the other can depend.  I thought the qping one was on
nagiosexchange.org but currently isn't, so I'll add it when I get a
chance.