[GE users] Script to show pending reasons in SGE

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Thu May 28 14:14:54 BST 2009

I've done both (parsing qstat output with perl and using XSLT to get
at SGE's output) and find that overall dealing with the XML output is
cleaner and easier plus you get access to more details than qstat. I
think that relatively few people are working with the XML output these
days - the more people outside of the dev team who use it (and file
issues to fix things) the better it will get.

Just my $.02 of course but except for very simple cases I think
dealing with the XML is a cleaner path with a longer shelf life.

-Chris