[GE users] OR in qsub -l option?

futuritymmx neil.baker at crl.toshiba.co.uk
Thu May 28 15:58:41 BST 2009

I was wondering if it was possible to use some kind of OR in the ?qsub? parameters.  What I want to be able to do is run my jobs on either a 32bit or 64bit platform.
Something like this:

qsub ?l arch= lx24-amd64| lx24-x86

using a pipe to represent an OR.  This doesn?t work though, so I was wondering how it could be done?

Unfortunately 32bit is requested by default in the sge_request file and although this can be cleared using ?-clear? parameter, the users don?t want to have specify the long list of parameters again (plus the default job priority can be abused).

Neil